Neighborhood Health is pleased to offer COVID-19 vaccine to existing patients who meet current Virginia Department of Health Criteria for Vaccination.
- Existing patients age 65 and older
- Existing patients age 18 – 64 with medical conditions that increase the risk of severe illness from COVID-19.
- Hypertension or High Blood Pressure
- Chronic kidney disease
- COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
- Down Syndrome
- Heart conditions, such as heart failure, coronary artery disease, or cardiomyopathies
- Immunocompromised state (weakened immune system) from transplant, HIV, use of steroid medications or other immune weakening medicines
- Obesity (body mass index [BMI] of 30 kg/m2 or higher but < 40 kg/m2)
- Severe Obesity (BMI ≥ 40 kg/m2)
- Sickle cell disease
- Asthma (moderate-to-severe)
- Cerebrovascular disease (affects blood vessels and blood supply to the brain)
- Cystic fibrosis
- Neurologic conditions, such as dementia
- Liver disease
- Pulmonary fibrosis (having damaged or scarred lung tissues)
- Thalassemia (a type of blood disorder)
- Existing patients who are Frontline Essential Workers:
- Police, Fire, and Hazmat
- Corrections and homeless shelter workers
- Childcare/PreK-12 Teachers/Staff (public and private)
- Food and Agriculture (including veterinarians)
- Grocery store workers
- Public transit workers
- Mail carriers (USPS and private)
- Officials needed to maintain continuity of government (including judges and public-facing judicial workers)
- Clergy/Faith Leaders
- Janitorial/Cleaning staff
- Community partner referrals: In addition, Neighborhood Health is working to increase equity in COVID-19 vaccination by working with community partiers that serve marginalized communities. These include local government agencies, non-profit organizations, faith based organizations, and others that work with the underserved in Alexandria, Arlington, and Fairfax County. All individuals who are referred by community partners need to meet current Virginia Department of Health eligibility criteria.
Please note that our call center volumes are very high at the moment so please do not call if you do not meet the criteria above. We are not able to offer vaccine to non-patients at this time, other than through referrals with partner agencies.
To learn more about Virginia Department of Health Eligibilty criteria, please see the following link: https://www.vdh.virginia.gov/covid-19-vaccine/.
If you are not an existing Neighborhood Health patient, please inquire about receiving a vaccination from your primary care provider or local health department. In addition, local health departments are working directly with employers to get frontline essential workers vaccinated. People should monitor VDH and local health department websites for latest information on eligibility.
Fairfax County: Covid-19 Vaccine Registration
Alexandria City: Vaccinate Virginia Pre-Registration
Arlington County: Vaccinate Virginia Pre-Registration
Virginia Department of Health: COVID-19 Vaccination Response